Happy new year! Hopefully you’re feeling refreshed after the Christmas break! It’s the time of year where many of us promise ourselves a ‘New Year, New You’ however statistics tell us that you will most likely fail at your New Year’s Resolutions. Whether your goal is to lose weight, live without pain, or simply be able to move more easily in your daily life, we hate to be the barer of bad news but only 8% of people actually achieve their New Year’s Resolutions! That’s pretty sad.
We’d like to help you succeed in your health and fitness goals this year – play with the kids, run a marathon, have a day pain free – we want you to be in the 8% that succeed!
So, what does ‘New Year, New You’ look like in your life? The most common New Years resolution’s are
- Lose Weight
- Improve your Fitness
- Eat more healthy food
- Treat that niggling pain that has been bothering you
- Learn a new skill or take
All of the above will certainly make your life a healthier one, meaning you can do more of what you enjoy. But how do you plan to succeed? Gym sign ups saw in January as everyone rushes to become a slimmer, fitter version of their last year selves. Unfortunately, soon after, injuries saw also. Meaning your ‘New Year, New You’ promise is stalled soon after it’s started.
Most injuries and failures in New Years resolutions occur when people attempt too much, too soon. Like many, you may have a pre-existing condition or injury, or muscle imbalances and weakness commonly as a result of poor posture. Poor posture and muscle imbalance will lead to you using your body incorrectly and therefore, injuring yourself. That’s why it’s always a good idea to see a Physiotherapist before starting out on your fitness journey.
Free Posture & Injury Minimisation Screen
For the month of January we are offering free posture screening to help you minimise your chance of injury and have the best chance of achieving your ‘New year, New You’ goals.
Benefits of Posture Screening
- Identify areas of weakness in your posture
- Identify the best exercises to get you stronger in the areas you need
- Reduce the chance of injury
Failing to address current or past injuries, aches, pains or weaknesses before you start a new fitness program may result in injury and leave you in a worse position than when you started.
What does a posture screen involve?
- Full analysis of your sitting and standing posture as well as any particular activities that bring on your symptoms.
- Comprehensive report on where your impairments are, and the particular injuries you are at risk of developing
- A list of the best exercises to improve these impairments as quickly as possible to get you on the road to maximising your new year’s resolutions.
We want to make sure you succeed with your health goals for the year so, book your free posture screen today. We look forward to helping you on your way to a healthier life!
Contact us today to book your free posture screen in January.