Get the support you need from the team at concentric
As physiotherapists, we are involved in multiple aspects of cancer rehabilitation, whether it be from the time of diagnosis, during/post-cancer treatment, as well as into survivorship.
We will guide you through every step of your cancer rehabilitation program to prepare you for upcoming surgery and treatment, help you cope with symptoms post-cancer treatment, and provide ongoing support for you and your family.
Pain with exercise is a common experience for most cancer patients, and can often deter adherence to exercise and activity. We aim to build your understanding of pain and monitor your pain levels pre, during and post session to ensure safe progression and performance of exercise.
Fatigue is one of the most commonly reported and debilitating symptoms to every day living.
Learning to manage your daily routine by being more aware of your fatigue levels throughout the day can help you participate in social activities, return to work and enjoy life without worry.
Manual therapy and other treatment modalities can assist with improving functional restrictions due to surgery, address lymphedema, or treating non-cancer related pain.
CANCER REHABILITATION – POSITIVE EFFECTS:
- Reduces risk of recurrence by up to 35%
- Reduces cancer-related deaths by up to 50%
- Improves effectiveness and completion rates of chemotherapy
- Reduces most common and debilitating effects of cancer (i.e. fatigue, pain)
- Improves mood and overall fitness to participate in daily activities, social participation, and earlier return to work